Sunday 12 May 2013

Here goes...

Hi there!

This is my very first blog post!  In fact, my very first blog at all, so here goes...

This blog is to share with other people what it is like living with my son, Reuben.

Reuben is 5 years old (will be 6 on Friday) and he has various needs. He does not yet have a diagnosis which makes every day life with him a challenge. Alot of professionals ask me why I need a diagnosis, and as a Mom I "just need to know".

I also want to know,  as the help and assistance we receive is quite varied and muddled which makes things very difficult.

Medically, Reuben has bi-lateral Ptosis, bi-lateral moderate hearing loss, global development delay, umbilical hernia, speech and language delay, asthma, eczema and has autistic tendencies. 

Along with all that he is being investigated for a genetic disorder.

So life with our "Roobs" can be a roller coaster of emotions each and every day. Which is why I have started this blog as it can sometimes be overwhelming, scary, frustrating and lonely living in Reuben's world.

I hope that from this blog, I can find advice, help other people going through a similar situation and maybe even find some answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment